LILRC held its Annual Membership Meeting on November 19, 2009 at de Seversky Center, NYIT, with guest speaker Bernard A. Margolis, New York State Librarian and Assistant Commissioner for Libraries.
Kevin McCoy, Chair of the LILRC Nominating Committee, introduced the newly elected LILRC trustees. Congratulations to:
- William Casey, Nassau University Medical Center
- Annmarie Singh, Hofstra University
- Carl Vitevitch, Nassau BOCES School Library System
Their terms of service on the Board will run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2014.
Continuing Board Members are:
- Mary Beth Beidl, Nassau Library System
- Arthur Friedman, Nassau Community College
- Daniel Kinney, Stony Brook University
- Joseph Latini, South Huntington Public Library
- Richard Lusak
- Kevin McCoy, Suffolk County Community College
- Mary Petersen, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Roger Podell, Western Suffolk BOCES School Library System
- Deborah Podolski, Farmingdale Public Library
- Kevin Verbesey, Suffolk Cooperative Library System
- Mary Westermann-Cicio, LIU/Palmer School of Library and Information Science
Thank you to the trustees who have completed their five-year term of service:
- eva efron, Nassau BOCES School Library System
- Debra Eisenberg, North Shore University Hospital
- Howard Graves, Hofstra University
- Robert Martin, Molloy College
LILRC staff members (from left to right) Virginia Antonucci-Gibbons, Min Liu, and Connie Litcher were recognized by Herbert Biblo (middle right), LILRC Director at the Annual Meeting for years of services and were presented with plaques.
*Special thanks to Peter Ward for providing recording.