April 15, 2011–PubMed has recently undergone some major changes and what a better way to learn about them then to have a hands-on training session! Thanks to NN/LM MAR, the LILRC Committee on Services to Health Sciences Libraries was able to run, PubMed Clinics of North America, with guest trainer Helen Tannenbaum, Communication and Outreach Coordinator.
The day’s activities included exercises on how to locate articles, the process and procedure for subject indexing, and participants even participated in a scavenger hunt.
Additional PubMed-Related Resources:
NN/LM PubMed Brochures
- Full Text and PubMed: http://nnlm.gov/training/resources/fulltexttri.pdf
- LoansomeDoc: http://nnlm.gov/training/resources/ldtrifold.pdf
- PubMed Basics: http://nnlm.gov/training/resources/pmtri.pdf
- PubMed My NCBI: http://nnlm.gov/training/resources/myncbitri.pdf
- Searching PubMed with MeSH: http://nnlm.gov/training/resources/meshtri.pdf
NLM PubMed Online Training: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/disted/pubmed.html
NN/LM Non-English Guides to PubMed: http://nnlm.gov/training/resources/intlpubmedlinks.html
MedlinePlus® for Health Professionals: http://nnlm.gov/training/resources/mp4hptri.pdf
Also be sure tour the new, customizable My NCBI home page and functions:
Special thanks to Farmingdale State College, Greenley Library for hosting this event and to all that attended.